Friday, October 1, 2010

Floral Design….. Who knew?

So, I am not really into art to begin with and to graduate high school I needed at least 8 art credits.  I was dreading taking art classes because I didn’t find them fun or exciting.  I wasn’t very good at drawing or painting anything.  I had heard about this floral design class.  It didn’t have to do with drawing or painting which I was so happy to hear.  It was about flowers.  I was surprised when I learned it counted as art credits.  During my spring semester of sophomore year I enrolled in floral design.  I took it with the intention that it would be an easy way to get my art credits and also get an easy A.
                The teacher who taught floral design was Ms. Brown.  She brought great energy to the class every day.  She would really get me excited about class.  Floral design was a great passion of hers and it started to rub off on me.  I found the class to be very relaxing and creative.  I was able to create different floral designs from week to week.  I had the chance to learn all about different flowers and the different types of designs I could create.  It wasn’t as easy as I thought the class would be.  We had tests on flowers and the designs.  We also got graded on our completed projects. 
                Ms. Brown had the right enthusiasm to really make this class a great experience for me.  I would have never thought that floral design would have been so much fun, but after taking the class I realized it was.  It really grew on me.  I ended up having a real interest in flowers after the class.  If Ms. Brown didn’t have the enthusiasm she had for floral design the class would have been very boring.  It would have been a class I would have hated to go to.  I thank Ms. Brown for bringing her enthusiasm to class every day.      

No comments:

Post a Comment